Classroom Tour 2013-2014


Hi there!  Today I'm linking up with the sweet girls over at Blog Hoppin' and Courtney from Swimming Into Second to give you a tour of my 2nd grade classroom.  Make sure to hop on over and link up to show off your classroom.  Click the buttons below to join in on the fun yourself or to simply browse through other classrooms!

 

Let me welcome you into my 2nd grade classroom for the 2013-2014 school year!  There are several things that are the same as last year's classroom tour post that can be found {HERE}, but some are new and fresh.  Let's begin!

The View from the Door to the Right



The View from the Door to the Left
The numbers up top are from Amy Lemons.  They are her Classroom Number Words that I just printed on brightly colored card stock to match my room decor.  You can find them {HERE}.  My small group table is lowered so that my kiddos can sit on the floor during small group.  It cuts down on the "wiggles" in chairs around the table.  The lime green and pink boxes are full of math manipulatives that still need to be labeled.



The View Straight Ahead
The bulletin board pieces below can be found as an exclusive Facebook Fan Freebie on my Facebook Page.  The baskets on top are from Really Good Stuff and the baskets below are from The Dollar Tree and store my multiple copies of different pieces of literature.  The paper organizer on the left was given to me from a former teacher.



My Teacher Area 
Before you ask, YES, my teacher's desk is pushed up against the wall!  This is to allow as much room as possible for my kiddos.  My classroom is designed to be all about the kiddos.  It's their space, not mine!  What teacher has time to sit down at their desk anyway?!  :)  The Whole Brain Call-Out Posters on the bulletin board can be found for FREE from Christie over at First Grade Fever {HERE}.



My Classroom Library
The letters R.E.A.D. are from Hobby Lobby.  The square baskets for chapter books are from The Dollar Tree and the larger baskets on top for the picture books are from Really Good Stuff.  The lamp is from Target and the rug is from Dollar General.  The stool to the right is just a fun place for my students to sit at different times throughout the day, along with the beach chairs to the left.



My Tech Table
This table houses my 3 iPads and 5 iPod Touch devices along with my printer/scanner.  I purchased this with my own money and it's so handy to make a copy of a parent note or if you run one short of something.  I have Acceptable Use Policy Posters that give some rules for using the iPads/iPods posted above the table.  They are FREE from Soaring Through Second Grade and can be found {HERE}.  You can also see a couple of my crate seats and two fun beach chairs that the kiddos can sit in during different times throughout the day.



A Closeup of my Supply Caddies
These little gems came from Michael's.  If you follow me on Instagram, you will remember the day I found these!  I was so happy to find them that I bought 9 of them - 3 pink, 3 green, and 3 purple!



One Last View of the Entire Room
You can see some crate seats (I have 8 in all) for my students to sit on throughout the day.  They love the alternative seating choices that I offer.  :)


Well, that's it! As you can see, I added some new things and upgraded a few things, but I chose to stick to my color scheme of black and brights.  I absolutely love it!  I am wishing each and every one of you the best school year ever!  I'll be back tomorrow with another post for Teacher Week '13 over at Bloghoppin'.


You can also link up with Courtney from Swimming Into Second for a Show Off Your Space Linky Party!  Hop on over to her blog by clicking the button below.  :)

21 comments

  1. Your classroom looks awesome Jamie! I was just received keys to my new classroom at 3pm yesterday, so I am days away from a classroom reveal. I will definitely be borrowing some ideas from you.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! Do you sit on the floor during small group too? This "old" body couldn't handle that! Ha! But I would love to get rid of the chairs...

    Crystal

    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do sit on the floor with my kiddos at the small group table. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an awesome room. I love how color coordinated it is! Your kiddos will love it!

    karen
    The 85 Mile Commute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the alternate seating choices you have throughout your room! My favorite are the crate seats at the end of the desk groups! Love!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the bright colors!!! Very eye catching. I am super jealous about the ipads/touches. They are a great way to connect with students technological side.
    Cheers,
    Terri
    Terri's Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love your room! I'm going for the same colors in my room, but I'm not even close to finished yet. I love your bulletin board and reading area! I totally want all of those colorful bins! Your kids must love your classroom!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shelves! So wish I had a room full of them! :) Awesome room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room is really cute! I am your newest follower. My name is also Jamie and I teach second grade as well. I can't wait to read more post. I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your bright colors with the black... I wish I could decorate my house like that! I also wish I could paint my school shelves black instead of a beige color... but I'm workin' it.

    Such a cute room! I'd love to be a 2nd grader again!

    Thanks for sharing your ideas,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am lovin this room! I really like your storage for technology. Very handy!!
    Thanks for sharing your room. Have a great year!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Adorable classroom! I love all the color coded pink, purple, blue, and green! Cant wait to post my classroom next week when I can get in my room! Have an awesome school year!
    Laken
    Whole Brain Teaching in the Ladybug Club

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for posting pictures of you awesome room! I love the colors.

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where did you find the cute and colorful paper lanterns?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an inviting room and a pretty place to spend the day! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room looks amazing Jamie! I love your color scheme. It really pops! Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello: I found one of your posts back in September on the Daily 5...What Kids Do During Daily 5. I can no longer find that post on your blog. Just wanted you to know it was a great resource for those wanting to see some great ideas, and it was a great go-to reference. Any chance of reposting or sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your room (new and old)!! I really love your cafe and daily 5 board...I know this is your old room, but it says they can be found as a FB freebie. I've looked on FB, blog and TPT with no luck. :( Do you still have them anywhere??? TIA :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would LOVE your cafe/daily 5 stuff too! I did the same and couldn't find it =(

    ReplyDelete