Thursday, July 16, 2015

BIG NEWS from 2nd Grade Stuff!

Hey, my friends! I'm taking a quick break from my summer day of being lazy and watching Netflix to give you a sneak peek into what's happening inside the world of 2nd Grade Stuff!

Here's a clue! This is what I've been working on. This summer I worked for my school district to revamp our current curriculum maps and pacing guides for both Math and ELA. We are hoping that this helps with our transient students if we are all teaching the same content at the same time across the district. From there, I took the new pacing guide and integrated it with our current math curriculum and mapped out our entire school year for my grade level. Sounds like normal planning right? Look closer.

{FYI: This is my tweaked version of our district curriculum document that won't be shared via my TeachersPayTeachers store or blog, since it is not my original work.}

If you notice something in the picture that is a little strange, that's because this is a 3rd Grade pacing guide! You guessed it! 2nd Grade Stuff is moving to 3rd Grade - EEK!

The good news is that many of my products are also aligned with 3rd grade standards (thank you Jesus!) so I'm not completely starting over. I plan to fully integrate my Common Core Writing Bundles during my centers (see a blog post about that HERE) and will most definitely utilize my Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time as well, but perhaps a little more independently this year! I already have my 3rd Grade Common Core Graphic Organizers and 3rd Grade Common Core Quick Math Assessments, so I'll be using those as formative assessments as well.

While I have many products that will work for 3rd grade, I do have BIG plans for some new products that will be specifically aligned with 3rd grade standards and some other ideas for grades 2-4 which is what most of my products are structured around. So hang with me, my friends! We are in for quite a ride this school year and I hope to find the time to post all about it! Thanks for following me on my journey and wish me luck! Anyone else moving grade levels this year?


10 comments:

  1. Goooooood luck in 3rd!

    Amy

    Teach! Sparkle! Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, me, me!!! I'm moving grades this year! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not moving, but our parish does follow very similar pacing guides too! It is for the very same reasons, to keep students aligned across the parish, especially if they move within the parish!

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More with Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the work we did this summer will be so beneficial for our district. I'm super excited about it!!

      Delete
  4. If you have not taught 3rd grade before, I think you'll LOVE it! It's the best kept secret in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the classroom decor post that you just made, that's the same stuff I want to put in my new classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Common Core Writing Activities!

    Good luck in 3rd :-)

    ReplyDelete