Cyber Monday Must Haves and a FREEBIE


If you're like me, you're gearing up for the BIG, HUGE site-wide TeachersPayTeachers Cyber Monday + Tuesday Sale!  I am joining all of my favorite teacher-authors to offer 20% off PLUS an additional 10% off using the code CYBER at checkout.  That is some serious savings, my friends!  My wishlist is loaded up already and I just keep adding more!

I've been super busy getting the last few units uploaded and ready for this big event.  If you follow me on my Facebook Fan Page, you know I've given away a TON of FREE products from my store in the past week or two!  Let me show you what I have in my store that you might use this holiday season.  You can add them to your TPT Wishlist or Pin them for later!

In this unit that I created last year, the students will write a letter to persuade their parents to donate money or goods to a family in need (opinion piece).  We actually do this in my classroom in lieu of a holiday gift exchange, so this letter is an authentic writing piece that they actually send home to their parents.  The results are always awesome!  They will also write an explanatory piece that will explain how to wrap the perfect present.  Of course, I let my students actually wrap a present so that they can see the steps they take and record them as they go - how fun!  They will also write a narrative piece about their favorite holiday tradition.  The parents usually love how these turn out.  And finally, to culminate a shared research study of holidays around the world, the students will write an informative report sharing what they've learned about each country's traditions.  These authentic writing pieces are sure to get your kiddos excited about writing with graphic organizers to guide their writing and differentiated publishing paper.

Now, for the fun part!  New to my store this year, I created Common Core-Aligned Christmas Math and ELA Centers.  These are specifically created for 2nd grade Common Core Standards, but could be used with high 1st graders or as intervention materials for low 3rd graders.  These centers can be used in a variety of ways and help to reinforce skills that presently need to be reviewed.  Included are 5 math centers and 5 ELA centers complete with task page, materials, and recording sheet.  As with all of my newer products, I have created a printer-friendly version as well without the vibrant backgrounds.  I try to be as "ink conscious" as possible, so my centers aren't overloaded with a TON of ink!  Check them out below:




This year I also started creating seasonal ELA printable sets.  I love my Christmas ELA Printables!  If you like my Common Core Graphic Organizers, a Top 100 Selling Product, these are very similar, but with a seasonal feel.  I like to use these with all of my seasonal Christmas books.  They can be used with any seasonal book, are great for sub plans, morning work, homework, early finishers, or in a center.  These are so versatile and personally, I think they are SO CUTE! :)  They include the same rigor as my other products, but with a holiday feel.  Check them out below:


Can't celebrate Christmas or Santa in your classroom?  No worries!  I didn't leave you out!  You can also get all of the above in a winter theme, complete with cute penguins, polar bears, snowmen, etc.

My January Common Core Writing Activities were a huge hit when I created them last year.  In this product, the opinion piece will have your students writing a letter to the superintendent or principal of your school stating their opinion about snow days!  Should we have school when there are ice and snow on the roads?  The kids had a ball with this one and I found that some were echoing the opinions of their parents as well. ;) In the informative/explanatory piece, the students will be writing a fun piece about how to build a snowman!  They LOVE this one!  In the narrative piece, the students will be writing about a time that they played in the snow.  If your students have never experienced a snow day, they can always imagine the experience and write a narrative based on their ideas of what a day of snow would be like.  Finally in the shared research piece, the students will be using technology and informational texts to learn about polar bears and then write about what they learned.  You can check out this fun product by clicking the picture below.

I also have Common Core-Aligned Winter Math and ELA Centers that are similar to my Christmas Centers shown above.  There are 5 Math and 5 ELA centers complete with task cards, center materials and recording sheets.  Again, they are easy on the ink!  I think your students will find that they are fun and engaging!  These were a big hit when I first created and put them into action last year.   Check them out by clicking the picture below:

And finally, brand NEW to my store, I have my Winter ELA Printables set.  Again, these printables are VERY similar to my Common Core Graphic Organizers, but with a seasonal feel.  They are EXACTLY the same as my Christmas ELA Printables above, but with winter-themed graphics rather than the traditional Christmas ones.  I like to use all of my winter-themed seasonal books with these and the kiddos have a blast with them!  You can check them out by clicking the picture below:

Now, if you are REALLY looking for a bargain on this awesome Cyber Monday + Tuesday SALE, you should check out my Common Core Writing Bundle #2 which will cover you from January (which you saw above) all the way through June/July.  Even if you don't use the June/July Writing Activities, it is still cheaper (20% savings) to buy the bundle rather than the individual months.  With the discount on top of that, you are REALLY getting a steal!  You can check them out below or find a complete Q&A blog post about my Common Core Writing Units {HERE}.  If you wonder how I use these units in my classroom or the thought behind them, you will want to read that blog post.  Check out Bundle #2 by clicking the picture below:

Last, but not least, I created this FREEBIE a while back and have blogged about it before, but I've had some requests for Common Core Writing Rubrics to accompany my Common Core Writing Units and I already have them! :) These FREE rubrics are for Grades 1-4 and they are already in my store!  In case you missed the first blog post about these rubrics, you can download the rubrics for the 3 main types of Common Core Writing in Grades 1-4 by clicking the picture below:

Whew!  I hope that helps you to get your Wishlist all organized.  Feel free to Pin anything you want to remember to come back to later, by clicking the little red Pin It button beside or underneath each picture.  

So if you're as pumped as I am, don't forget to use the code CYBER at check out to receive an additional 10% off of the already 20% off discounted prices in my ENTIRE STORE - what a deal!  Thanks for all the support and Happy Shopping!


No comments