Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fabulous Finds Shopping Spree!

I'm linking up with Elizabeth to show you some Fantastic Finds and a sneak peak into my newly redesigned classroom!  Head on over to Fun in Room 4B to link up!


So, I stalked Walmart {3 of them close to where I live} to find these ice bins to use as book bins for my students with Daily 5 Read to Self.  I think I ended up with 27 of them!  And I got every single one they had {in all 3 stores}!  Now to figure out where to house them...

Of course, the Target Dollar section got attacked by me - as always!  I found two purple small pocket charts, stamps, dry erase boards with primary writing lines (Daily 5 Word Work), pencils, stickers, and playing cards for math games.

Back at Walmart, I grabbed these two black bean bags.  I liked them because they were NOT fabric {lice}, but were a cool plastic material that hopefully won't house any crazy bugs. :)

And to reveal the beautiful baskets that I found at Dollar Tree...I also give you a sneak peak into my newly designed classroom!  Check out those baskets...LOVE the bright colors on black!  This is a preview.  I'll be back with pictures of my entire classroom in the next week or so.

And on to Vista-print.  If you haven't played around with this website yet, what are you waiting for?  Fabulous finds for cheap!  Here are a few of the things I purchased.

These are actually business cards that I made into Fantastic Friday tickets!  This is a way to rewarding students for good behavior all week.  I got 250 cards for FREE!

10 pieces of letterhead - I smudged my personal information out at the top and at the bottom. Got these for FREE too!

I ordered these to put on the backs of any new books that I purchase for my classroom - FREE!

These are business card sized magnets that I ordered to give to my parents at Open House.  I smudged it out but under my name is my email address and phone number.  At the bottom I listed the class website link.

Three personalized self-inking stamps...LOVE!



A pen that has my name on it and school's name!  Cute and matches my room's pink and lime green color scheme!

This is a close-up of the inside of the pen.  Under my name is the name of my school, but I smudged it out.  Did I mention this pen was also FREE?

Whew!  What do you think?  I love it all!!!  Head on over to Elizabeth's Fun in Room 4B Linky Party to join in the fun!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up with me. I love all of your finds. I have those purple pocket charts from the dollar spot, too. You room colors are just like mine. I can't wait to see how everything turns out.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use ice bins as book bins! Great find! I also love your neon bins from the Dollar Store... hmmm, I need to go shopping!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got those neon bins from the Target Dollar Spot - along with a lot of the stuff you got! I also got the same pen from VIstaPrint, I love the pink and green polka dots!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the same reading boxes at Wal-Mart!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. What was the secret for getting all your goodies for FREE at Vista Print? Is there a code? Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wanting to start using Vista Print too. Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of your baskets! I've been meaning to look into Vista Print for postcards....thanks for this post!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much were the ice buckets? I'm debating on that or the cardboard IKEA ones which will obviously not last more than a year most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ice bins for book boxes. Last year was my first year using them. I had a couple of students even use them like pillows. They would prop their heads on them to read during Daily 5.

    I am a new follower to your blog and love all your ideas and posts. Hope you can hop over to blog and check it out.
    Diane
    http://funinsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome buys! I also have the bins from the dollar store - the one with the holes, and they are super sturdy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your room is coming together ! Can't wait to see it all.

    Amy
    Krazy About Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Amy (the first Amy), the ice buckets were $1.88 plus tax so right at $2.00 each and will be very sturdy. I'm thinking way more sturdy than the cardboard ones so that's what I went with to try out this year. Hope you find some you like :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. @The Paisley Apple - I just signed up for their emails and get the codes through the emails they send me. They offers GREAT deals ALL the time!!

    ReplyDelete