Monday, January 16, 2012

Linky, FREEBIES, and Common Core Graphic Organizers


I am linking up with Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher to share a day in my shoes from waking up until I leave the school building.  Welcome to my world!

6:00 - Alarm goes off and I hit snooze approximately 4 times.  I know it's bad, I know.

6:30 - Drag myself out of bed and hop in the shower eyes half-open.

6:30-7:00 - The typical routine of shower, make-up, hair, and dress.  * Break between make-up and hair to wake up the 6-year-old. *  This is always super fun...

7:00-7:10 - Grabbing my things - Macbook, iPad, and iPhone off the charger {cannot live without my Macs}.  Grabbing my things includes my kid. :)

7:10-7:15 - Go back inside to get something that I inevitably forget every morning.  Who knows what, but I ALWAYS forget SOMEthing!

7:15-7:30 - The kiddo and I jam out on the way to school {usually some Top 40s music}.

7:30-8:00 - Gather materials and get things ready for the day at school.

8:00-8:15 - Grab my kiddos from the gym and send my personal kiddo off with hugs and kisses.

8:15-8:30 - AR reading, attendance, Calendar Math

8:30-9:30 - Math Time!  Usually start with a whole-group mini-lesson with some type of technology component, then split into small groups.

9:30-10:00 - Math RTI - Math Workstations while I meet with Intervention sweeties.

10:00-{I'll never tell} - Recess time :)

10:30-11:00 - Grammar/Writing Time - I follow the Reading Street series for my topic, but usually teach with a TpT Download during this time.

11:00-11:30 - Science/Social Studies - Again, usually a thematic unit from TpT or materials that I pull from random resources.

11:30 - Restroom Break - Unfortunately not for me, for the kids :)

11:40-12:05 - Lunch - This is 25 minutes of precious time that must include checking email, checking mailbox in office, waiting in line for the ONE {yes, that's right} adult restroom in the entire building, and oh yeah - Eating.

12:05-1:30 - Reading Time!  We use Scott Foresman for our reading stories, but I usually pull lots of resources, because I'm just not a very "direct instruction" kinda teacher.  We do about 20-25 minutes of whole-group then break off into small groups.  My kiddos love using the iPod Touch devices {5} and the iPads {3} during small group time.

1:30-2:15 - Special Areas and Teacher Planning Time - Again, it's a fight for the restroom, check mailbox, email, make copies, last minute notes home, team meetings, ARC meetings, etc.  This is RARELY a planning time.

2:15-3:00 - Reading RTI - Most of the kiddos do Literacy Workstations while I pull a small group for Reading Intervention.  

3:00-3:15 - Behavior Conferences with students using my Rockin' Behavior Chart.  The post for this can be found here.

3:15 - This lady says goodbye to her kiddos and calls it a day.

I do most of my planning, grading, etc. at home at night.  I won't bore you with that stuff :)

So that's a day in my shoes.  Nothing too exciting, just the simple life of a teacher who loves her job and her kiddos.  Hop on over to Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher and link up so we can see your day!


It's been a wonderful day off for me.  I finally finished my
 Common Core Standards Graphic Organizer pack for TpT.  Thank you Jesus!  Click the picture below to download.  Leave me a comment and let me know if you are using the Common Core in your school/district.  Even if you're not using them now, the graphic organizers are great for a little higher-order thinking in reading!

Click Here to Download the Entire Set!


Edited to Add: This pack has now been updated!  Check it out below!


NEW Look, SAME Product!


And you know I wouldn't post about a TpT pack without a FREEBIE!  Click on the pictures below to try out a couple of the Common Core graphic organizers included in my pack.  If you download, please be a sweetie and leave me a comment.  It kinda makes my day :-)

Click Here to Download the Freebie Samples!



EDITED TO ADD: These FREEBIES now have a new look too!  Check them out at the above link!

Thanks you all!  I am 11 followers away from 100 which means a give-away is coming!  Go tell all your bloggy friends :)  Don't forget to leave a comment if you download the freebie!  Thanks!

~ Jamie ~

31 comments:

Gladys said...

These look great, Jamie! They're going on my wishlist!

Gladys
http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Awesome! Thank you! :)

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

These are super!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Jamie said...

Thanks Jennifer! You are SO sweet :)

Sara S. said...

I can't live without my Macs either! I have all three plus an iPod touch and an iPod that I use in my classroom. I'm obsessed. Your graphic organizer pack looks great!

Sara :)

Smiling In Second Grade

Lisa at Stories From Second said...

I'm a Mac girl too! :) I would love an iPad but that just isn't in the budget right now.
Your organizer pack looks fantastic. I'm on my district's common core adoption committee, can't wait to share them with my second grade friends. :)
Lisa
Stories From Second

Jess said...

Found these via Pinterest - thanks for sharing! These are terrific!

Holly said...

I wanted to be a Mac girl buy hubsy wouldn't spend the $$$. I'll have to pinch my pennies and save up!!!!

I'm a new follower! :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Amanda said...

LoVe the Graphic Organizer idea! Thanks for sharing... I also teach 2nd grade and am looking forward to following you!!!

Katie Klohn said...

You have yourself a pretty busy day! I wish we used Common Core, but no Texas likes to have their own standards!

Thanks for linking up!
Miss Klohn
Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

Jamie said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

Sheila said...

Love the graphic organizers, these are great. We are making our way to common core standards next year.

c66b7998-c5b9-11e0-9443-000bcdcb8a73 said...

These are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Schleswig3 said...

Wow! These are great! I can't wait to use them!

Christy said...

Found this via pinterest. I am in SC. We are adolpting Common CORE next year. Lots of buzz about it now. What makes these graphic organizers "Common CORE?"

Jamie said...

Hi Christy, I'm glad you found my blog via Pinterest! These graphic organizers are "Common Core" because they are aligned to the Common Core Standards for English-Language Arts 2nd Grade. There is at least one (sometimes 3-4) graphic organizers to use as a formative assessment of the Common Core Standards for Literature and Informational Text. I hope that helps :)

Jamie

shirleyb said...

Thank you for the graphic organizers. We don't use the Common Core, but they will be useful anyway.

Tara said...

Yikes! I am so excited about this! We are just preparing to start using Common Core next year and it is a lot to learn, but seems like a good change! Thank you soooooo much for these great activities! You are amazing and I don't know how you do it... I wish i had the patience to make things like that... I have no idea where to start! Amazing! Thanks so much!

Your new blog stalker! :)

Tara

harpleysuperstars.blogspot.com

susanlulu said...

I love your common core packs in reading and math and would like to buy them this weekend. Do you have a list of the standards they cover included in the pack? Thanks.
Susan
susanlulu@yahoo.com

Jamie said...

Hi Susan! There is a list of all the standards covered in the pack in the Product Description on my TpT Store. I have included the link for your convenience: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Graphic-Organizers-for-Reading. Also, as an added convenience, there is a list of standards included in the pack itself, plus at the top right corner of each and every graphic organizer or math quick assessment, I have included the exact standard that the particular page covers. If you download the Freebie Samples posted in the blog post above, you can see the format of the graphic organizers. If you have any other questions, please let me know :)

Jamie

Tara said...

Thanks so much for these great activities! I just bought the entire pack. We are starting common core, and these will be so helpful to me and my students!!!

Thanks,
Tara
harpleysuperstars.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

This is so great! I'm making a big career change and trying to find a teaching job. I might use this in my portfolio! Thanks, and let me know if you have some advice!

Taylor

barbie said...

Jamie,
Is there a set of the organizers for the Kindergarten level-- we will be implementing the standards next year. thanks
Barbie

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

we are going to common core next year. Would these be common core for 4th grade too or mostly 2nd

jackie said...

are these still available?? when i click on the link it tells me there is nothing available... would love to use them for my 4th grade classroom!! Please help!!!???

Anonymous said...

Same for me. Would love to get them for 3rd grade CC

Jamie (2nd Grade Stuff) said...

It appears the link might have been broken when TPT did the site upload. I'm posting links here to the Graphic Organizers by grade level, as well as the Math Assessments by grade level:

Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers: 1st Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Graphic-Organizers-for-Reading-1st-Grade-Edition

Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers: 2nd Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Reading-Graphic-Organizers

Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers: 3rd Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Graphic-Organizers-for-Reading-3rd-Grade-Edition


Common Core Math Quick Assessments: 1st Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Math-Quick-Assessments-1st-Grade-Edition

Common Math Quick Assessments: 2nd Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Math-Quick-Assessments

Common Core Math Quick Assessments: 3rd Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Math-Quick-Assessments-3rd-Grade-Edition

You will have to copy and paste the link into your browser because the comments won't allow me to actually make a clickable link very easily. Hope this helps! All 6 of these products have wonderful reviews on my TPT store! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Jamie
My TPT Store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jamie-Rector

dortego said...

Will there be an ELA quick assessment like the Common Core Math Quick Assessment?

Jamie (2nd Grade Stuff) said...

My version of an ELA quick assessment would be my Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers which offer a one-page formative assessment per standard that can be used with any book, story, or text. They have the same format as the Math Quick Assessments with the standard number in upper-right corner. With ELA, of course, they are a bit more open-ended. You can find them here:

Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers: 1st Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Graphic-Organizers-for-Reading-1st-Grade-Edition

Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers: 2nd Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Reading-Graphic-Organizers

Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers: 3rd Grade Edition
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Graphic-Organizers-for-Reading-3rd-Grade-Edition

Thanks for your interest!

Post a Comment